HyperMabs is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company based in Montreal, Canada, and we are currently looking for a highly motivated and proactive Laboratory Manager who will join our growing team.
The Laboratory Manager should be highly organized and dependable to ensure that all laboratory operations run smoothly by scheduling staff, ordering supplies, maintaining health and safety protocols, and training lab assistants. The ideal candidate will have a passion for science, be exceptionally organized and meticulous, as well as have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. To be successful in this position, the Laboratory Manager must be able to multitask and plan ahead.
You will love this job if:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of responsibility and opportunity to learn
- You are a self-starter who enjoys working as a team player and value good communication
- Ordering supplies and keeps supplies stocked by determining inventory level.
- Purchase order generation and general accounting of laboratory expenses.
- Training lab assistants.
- Upholding health and safety protocols.
- Handling security documents.
- Maintaining specialized software.
- Coordinate all logistics and reception of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, and instrumentation.
- Establishes quality standards to maintain research laboratory equipment performance.
- Maintains research laboratory productivity by monitoring the workload of functional areas.
- Identifies informational needs to manage research laboratory information systems.
- Work closely with laboratory personnel and research directors.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following minimum profile:
- A bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or another health and science field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a laboratory manager.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Expert knowledge of laboratory health and safety protocols.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working in a research & development lab would be an asset.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan
- Paid public transit
- Beautiful office space in Montreal’s Old Port
- Onsite yoga and healthy snacks
- A team and culture committed to learning and high performance
Contact Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “HyperMabs Posting LM0417” in the subject line – we are looking forward to hearing from you!